Friday, March 30, 2007

Are Bows Taking Off Again?

It's always nice to open up one of the many fashion magazines I read and see a bow tie gracing a young gentleman on the first page. Actually, it turned out to be not one, but several bow ties that put in appearances in a multi-page spread from Polo in a recent GQ.

Of course, I'd prefer to see a ten page Beau Ties Ltd. ad spread, but this sort of extravagance is still a bit out of reach for our little homegrown Vermont company's ad budget. But, as the saying goes, there's no such thing as bad publicity, and to see Ralph pushing bow ties for spring can't hurt us.

Given that reading the trades was proving so enjoyable, I continued thumbing through other publications, only to discover that other designers were showing bow ties this season as well. DNR reported that the LA runways (at the LA Fashion Week, not LAX) were graced bow ties from Christian Audigier and Nautica.

Are these all signs that bow ties are taking off again in '07? We're always accepting advance bookings here at Beau Ties Ltd...

4 comments:

kev859 said...

I have more younger people wearing them case in point my friend and I, I think it would be great if more people wore them, but not too many. One of the things that makes them so special is that only so few wear them.

blueandred said...

wesshOne of my son's friends started wearing bow ties to school this spring, instead of the usual long tie, and I thought he always looked very neat and dressed up, and seemed quite comfortable in it. I liked the look, and have now purchased one for my son, and he promises to wear it soon. I should think it might evolve into his regular neckwear for the coming school year.

stacy said...

I am so dissapointed because I just got off the phone with your company. I attempted to have some neck ties turned into bow ties as was advertised on the website. I was treated so rudely by the customer service staff, one of which was by her won admission, the "Head" person. I had to end up asking for my neckties to be returned to my home.

Bow Tie Bill said...

I was sorry to see that stacy was so disappointed with her necktie conversion. We always strive for great customer service, but unfortunately we can't satisfy all of the people all of the time.