Monday, February 12, 2007

Bloggers with class

I came across a nifty site (blogpulse.com) that let me explore the so-called "blogosphere" - an search for other bloggers writing about bow ties. While there weren't as many results for my searches as I'd hoped for, I found a few folks who'd recently become Beau Ties customers. Naturally, my curiosity was piqued.

Turns out both fellows are teachers (I've always suspected the smartest bow tie wearers choose Beau Ties). M. Sanford, a Canadian teaching French linguistics, was planning to wear his new ties with suits to lend "stylistic credence" to his "academic regalia" (I have to say I'm rather taken with his English linguistics...). The other gent, Fat Jack, had quite appropriately chosen our American Cursive and "wore it proudly with jeans and a sweater vest" as a "diversion from the biker me," as he puts it.


It's nice to know that bow ties are used for such disparate reasons in similar contexts - all part of what continues make to every day here at Beau Ties so engaging. Also, I was delighted to know that both fellows were happy with their ties: Thanks for your kind words, and links back.

Vive le noeud papillon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thunderscott1505:
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this. The short answer is that to date we have not had a Confederate Battle Flag bow tie (although, of course, all of our ties are quality ties), but last fall we had a tie to honor Dr. Everett Koop's 90th birthday that many people told us reminded them of the Confederate Flag. Have you seen it? If you visit our web site and enter KOOP in the search box, it will come up. Maybe that could work as a substitute until you can find exactly what you're looking for.

As far as that goes, if you come across appropriate fabric, you could have us custom make a tie for you. We do that a lot for our customers.

Good to hear from you.

Bill K (courtesy of Deb)

Bow Tie Bill said...

We'll be waiting! (And if you decide to think about an alternate life calling--my wife was a lawyer in her previous life so this was not intended as a criticism of your career choice--you could probably convince us to consider appointing you our Confederate fabric representative. That way you could make sure that it outsells everything else...)